We have spent hours and hours on this huge yoga ball. Somedays it was used around the clock...however, I am happy to say we have pretty much put it away except for emergencies. Who knew I would ever get so much use out of a piece of exercise equipment?!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Thanks to everyone who has helped us the past week. I want to thank the Ward for the great meals, our family for all the great help and visits, Lucy for being angel baby (until Tuesday when Rhett went back to work) and Rhett for being Mr. Mom. I seem to be doing pretty well, however, Rhett keeps asking me why I am limping. Seriously. Then I ask him if he has ever had surgery!
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
This is what a gallbladder looks like. Now add some stones and that is what my gallbladder looks like. I go for surgery in the morning. Tomorrow night I will no longer have a gallbladder! Oh boy am I nervous. However, I am very happy that I will not be having any more attacks and horrible abdominal pain! Wish me luck... Wish Rhett luck... Wish Lucy luck...Wish my mom luck!
Monday, August 18, 2008
Saturday, August 16, 2008
This week we are loving the BUMBO - well for 5 minutes at least! Every play item we have for Lucy will last for about 5 - 10 minutes at a time. As for the rest of the 1440 minutes of the day I get to hold my Lucy. As hard as it is sometimes to accomplish anything I am really enjoying the time together. I have taken a step back this week to realize this won't be for much longer and I need to enjoy these little moments.
Friday, August 8, 2008
Lucy is now 3 months old. It has been an adventurous 3 months! Here are few things that are new with Lu.
- She can roll over .
- Her smiles are easy to come by.
- She likes to swaddle to get to sleep - arms and all.
- Lucy thinks she needs her mama ALL the time.
- She loves to be held ALL day long.
- Her hair is surely going to be red.
- The hard colic days are mostly over. Once I was able to change my diet and get all the ickies out of my system she has been easier to settle.
- Lucy had a urinary tract infection this week.
- She will be on antibiotics until mid September when we go to Primary Children's for some testing on her kidneys and bladder. We are praying it is just a random infection.
- This week we have had to start over trying to gain any sense of what she needs. Poor girl.
- She fell asleep in her carseat this week when she was sick - a very very rare occasion.
- She is holding on to toys, her blanket, her binki, and daddy's hair.
- Lucy doesn't like to sleep - night or day!
- She just went to sleep so I better join her because it is usually only about 20 minutes!
I absolutely love my diaper bag by Fleurville. It was so hard to choose from the hundreds of diaper bags, but I picked a winner. It is the perfect size, has perfect pockets, and is the perfect color for me.
I also love other products by Fleurville. I would love to get this carry all beach bag.
Thursday, August 7, 2008
In July we had our annual reunion at Pine View with Rhett's family. It is always an adventure and always fun. This year was the biggest adventure of all for our little family because we decided to spend the night - yikes. We brought up our tent so we would have a place of our own to take naps. Well by 10:00 PM we couldn't imagine driving home and then back the next morning with a crying baby...so we stayed. She actually slept so well. She was waking up every 15 - 30 minutes but I was right there to pat her back to sleep. She was in heaven keeping mom up the entire night! To see more pics go here to my sister-in-law's blog.
Friday, August 1, 2008
I have fallen in love with Mustela baby products. I look forward to bath time every night because I love the product. The amazing smell lasts forever. They are a bit pricy, but I am sure they will last a long time. Why not pamper your little ones too?