Saturday, December 22, 2007
If you know anything about my family, you know we are all about TRADITIONS. We get it from my dad, who just hates change, which makes life turn into a huge TRADITION!
However, I have caught the bug too. Now around any holiday or event, it doesn't seem right if I don't do it the TRADITIONAL way!
This is us at Spaghetti Factory for my birthday. A long lived TRADITION. I think this is like the 8th year in a row or something. I guess I just wouldn't eat on my birthday if we didn't go to Spaghetti Factory!!
Monday, December 17, 2007
I know this video is really long, and probably shows more than you need to see, but the first few seconds are really cute!!
I feel like a child every year at this time of year. You see, it is my birthday today, and Christmas next week. The anticipation of this month kills me. Every year on December 16 I can not fall asleep. I don't know why. It is not like I am so excited for my birthday, it is not like we are doing anything extra special, but it is just the anticipation that for one day you truly get to feel extra special!! I am also one who has a love/hate relationship with surprises. I love thinking about what I might be receiving for my birthday, but I honestly can not stand it. I beg Rhett everyday just to tell me what it is (although if he told me, I would be extremely disappointed in him!), will I be able to wear it? what letter does it start with? will it be for the house? is it something that I have wanted for a long time? does it come with a gift receipt? That is usually the most important question!! It is the same way with Christmas Eve. I remember as a child looking at the clock at 1, 2, and 3 o'clock, not able to sleep. Of course, back then I was hearing Santa upstairs - and I am the lightest sleeper you will meet - he was always at our house for hours, our Santa has a sleeping problem all year round!! Poor Santa!
I have seriously been up since my last bathroom break at 5:00 am. I feel a little trapped, because it is a rule, you can not clean one bit on your birthday. So here I sit stalking blogs and decided I might as well share my dilemma with others! I guess another big reason for the anticipation for me today is we will find out what color our nursery will be! I guess that could truly be the reason for depriving myself of sleep.....we shall post again soon.
Saturday, December 8, 2007
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
I guess I was in a bit of a negative mood yesterday! I will redeem myself by tagging myself and revealing what I love about the holiday season...
- I love all the lights. I love to drive around different neighborhoods and seeing different displays people have.
- I love spending more time with our family. It seams like you always find more time during this season.
- It is my Birthday season also! Rhett likes to call my gifts 'Birthmas Presents'. I do not like this term!
- As much as I do not like to be cold, I love it when it has just snowed and all the trees are holding as much snow as they can on their little branches, it is so beautiful.
- I love time to reflect on the year and know what you want to do better for next year.
- I love all the shopping I get to do. I love getting that perfect gift for everyone - although that usually means many many returns before I find that perfect gift!
- It is a great time to reflect on the life of Christ and all he has done for each of us.
- The decor - I love to decorate my house festive. It makes it feel so cozy.
- Christmas sounds - the bells at the front of the store, the great music, the bustle at the store, the crackling fire, and the silence when the snow is falling.
- Parties - although I don't ever get invited to any really fun fancy parties that I would get to wear my little black dress to (like I see on every tv show and movie), I still enjoy going to parties and visiting with friends and family.
- Talking to kids about Santa - I love the excitement they have for this jolly old soul. I wish I still had the same excitement about him that they do!!!
Well, here is an early Merry Christmas - may you enjoy the season as much as I do!!! I now get to tag people - how fun! I tag Lisa, Hannah, Beth, Amy, Juli, and Kim! Enjoy!
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
We had our third doctor's appointment yesterday. I have gained a few pounds and I must say my doctor was very proud of me! Wow, proud to gain weight, it is such a weird feeling. All my life (well, the past 10 years) I have always tried to keep my weight, always hopeful that would mean I would loose just a few pounds. Who was I kidding, I have never lost weight until I got pregnant - go figure.
Everything looked great at the appointment and we will be doing the ultrasound on my birthday! Yay! I can not wait to find out what this little creature is. I swear, it keeps me up at night having to try to figure out what color the nursery will be painted, what color my diaper bag is going to have to be, and what bedding we will get. I know I am so silly, but it is all so much fun to think about. I need something positive to keep me from thinking about how sick I have been the past four months.
Why did no one tell me pregnancy was so hard? Why is it that I only saw all the cute happy little pregnant people running around? As you can see, I am getting a little frustrated. I was okay until about 15 weeks, and then I just got mad - this is when I am supposed to feel better! If I read any more lines about how I 'should' be feeling, I swear, I will hurt someone! I have read so many lines saying - this is when you will have all of your energy back, you should be feeling great, this is the honeymoon stage of your pregnancy, the nausea is gone, and you are able to do the things that you enjoy most !!!! I find them to be comical now. I just don't know when this is going to end. I was talking to a friend in my ward and she said you think it should just be bliss because all the women you see are enjoying it, while all the women that have a hard time during pregnancy are at home in bed! I thought she had a great point! I did start on the Phenegran, so we are crossing our fingers it will help.