Monday, December 17, 2007

BRING ON THE PINK!!

There is pink in our future!!! Yup, we are 99.9% sure our little one will be a girl. I can't tell you how excited I am, of course I would be happy either way, but a girl was icing on the cake to me! When we first started the ultrasound, the tech said, "I already know the sex of the baby." She wanted to finish all of her testing before she told us though. So I sat there for 10 minutes absolutely sure it was a boy because of how fast it was determined. Then we saw her spread eagle, with no we-we! She is a mover though, she was turning cirlces when we were doing the ultrasound. We would see her butt in one picture and then all the sudden, her face would pop up. No wonder I am not a huge fan of feeling her, it is so constant!! We got a really great picture of her face, you can see both eyes, her nose, and her mouth. We are hoping her forehead will not grow any more, it was quite large. We are both very excited to be having a girl, as for now we are calling her Lucy - and maybe it will just stick!!

I know this video is really long, and probably shows more than you need to see, but the first few seconds are really cute!!


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Holly and Rhett! I am excited to hear the news. Two boys and two girls for the Henriksen cousins...fun stuff!

Ben and Lisa said...

Yay!!!!! That's awesome! You and Brooke both having girls--that's so fun! I LOVE the name Lucy, so I hope it does stick. Love ya!

Tiff-E said...

Wahoo!!!! Okay, so I guessed wrong, but James was right! YEAH FOR PINK!!! Girls are an absolute blast!!! Oh, I can't wait to buy you a cute outfit, and lots of accessories!!! he he he! Congrats guys, Holly we missed you the other night!!! Hope to see you soon!

Alison said...

yay for a girl, i am a little bias of course, but girls are the best! i like the name lucy, but i like the name alison better, what do you think?

Tiff-E said...

Oh yeah, and HAPPY BIRTHDAY HOLLY!!!! :)

Jake-Becky-Chase said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jake-Becky-Chase said...

I accidently deleted my comment! I'm retarded! Happy birthday Holly! Congrats on the little girl! We do need to hang out.

Hannah said...

Congrats!!!! I cried when I watched your video- I am such a sucker for anything baby. I am so excited for you and Rhett and your little girl. I love Lucy too! Love and miss you.

amy germer said...

A Girl, that is very fitting for you Holly. I am so happy for you guys. Sorry, I missed your Birthday. That was quite the gift.

Kim said...

Congrats you two! A little girl, how absolutely adorable! I'm so happy for you both!

Perry's said...

Yea Congratulations!! So who was right Rhett? I can't remember what everyone was saying at dinner that night. I guessed boy so I was wrong! How fun to know now and be able to start making preps for a girl. So I think you should take a vote, red hair or not? and curly or not? I think red and maybe some curl. Holly we missed you the other night hope you are feeling better. Rhett it was so good to see you. Keep us posted on the baby news we love the blog and are so excited to hear more about Little Lucy (bytheway love the name)