Melissa called me last Sunday morning and asked me if I wanted to go to NYC. I was screaming I was so excited. We took the red eye to the Big Apple and partied for 2 days straight. I am still exhausted from it all. We took the Staten Island Ferry for a ride to count as our 'tourist attraction'. The rest of the time was spent shopping, walking, eating, waiting for the bathroom at Serendipity, watching trying to sleep between two men on the plane while wearing your sleep mask, studying the subway map, squeezing through the subway bars together (I missed my turn), running away from the crazies on Canal Street, Melissa trying to get the top of the Empire State Building in my picture, and laughing until I cried. What a blast. I must say I am proud of my sister for becoming the shopper that she is. I feel like I had a little something to do with that. We had a blast. When is our next adventure Miss?
Saturday, April 11, 2009
Wednesday, April 8, 2009
A day in the life of Lucy...
- 7:30 - wake up. snuggle mommy in her bed. wake up daddy and play with them in bed for a few minutes. daddy let's me play while he eats breakfast and mommy stays in bed for a few extra minutes thinking about life.
- 8:00 - play with mommy. mommy cleans the kitchen (with my help cleaning out the fridge), then i eat her breakfast with her. we play some more then kiss and wave daddy goodbye. i then shake the gate so hard that mommy finally understands that i need some climbing time. She then lets me climb up the stairs a few times. i clap for myself every chance i get.
- 8:30 - i usually have a poopy diaper around now. mommy has to pin me down so i don't get poop everywhere. it is hilarious, you should see my mommy's face.
- 9:00 - i get so tired in the morning. mommy gives me my teddy bear and lays me in my crib. i grab his ears and tickle my nose until i fall asleep. mommy leaves the fan on for me so i can sleep more soundly ( i want to be just like mommy).
- 10:00 - i wake up screaming. i am never very happy when i wake up. mom reads me some books until i settle down, then it is off to play again. I am always standing up on things these days, but i am terrified to get down - it really hurts.
- 11:00 - mommy picks out my adorable outfit (she has great tastes) and dresses me. of course, i hate getting dressed. i try to make it as hard as i can for her so she will one day just give up.
- 11:30 - mommy usually takes me somewhere because she knows i love to stare at people. i get to watch people all i want at this age because it is not rude yet. i usually do pretty well when we are places as long as mommy is holding me. her left arm is very strong.
- 12:00 - i get a bottle and i nibble at a little food. my favorite food is cheerios.
- 2:00 - i get tired again, and i get to stick bears' ears up my nose again.
- 3:30 - wake up. play and play and play. and drink a bottle. sometimes i run some errands with my mommy.
- 6:00 - i always hear the garage open. i get to crawl to the gate and wait for daddy. i get so excited to see him.
- 6:30 - i eat a little dinner with mommy and daddy. i usually get to sit on their laps while they try to keep the food away from me, but i have very fast hands! they are always on their toes.
- 7:00 - i get to go on a walk or just hang out with the 3 of us. it is so fun when we are all together. i usually laugh a lot. i also do a lot of fake laughs because mommy and daddy think it is so funny.
- 7:30 - this is my favorite part of the day - bath time. i get to kick and splash water everywhere. i love it when mommy and daddy are soaked by the end. i love to gather all the letters and numbers into one hand. i also love to pour the water out of the tub - mommy does not like this and usually takes my cup away. when mommy and daddy get me out of the bath i get very MAD. i usually let them know it by making it impossible to lotion me up and get me dressed. the bath picture below was was one my favorites. it was my first time in time-out. my mommy said i needed to stop hitting her so she put me in her tub to play. i think i will try this again!
- 8:00 - i am now completely worn out from my day that i need to get to bed. i snuggle with mommy then dad reads me a few books. i give them each kisses and say nite nite.
If only it was really that easy!!
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Saturday, April 4, 2009
her milestones, her achievements, her talents, her skills. I got a new sewing machine for my birthday and In January I finally used some of my talent to earn a milestone star for sewing my first article of clothing for my Lucy. I must say I am in love with it and the sewing didn't stop there. More boasting to come!