Tuesday, March 25, 2008
Last week while trying to sleep my little girl just kept nudging me. It was so constant and I just couldn't figure out what she was trying to do. I kept saying to Rhett, ' what is she doing? why won't she just leave me alone? why won't she just stop hitting me? ' I was obviously getting frustrated with her. It then occurred to me these were the hiccups. I had heard this could happen, but I didn't expect it to feel like the Morris Code. Ever since last week she has been getting them more and more. I guess she is just reminding me that she is still there and I need to have a little more compassion on her!
Sunday, March 23, 2008
Thanks Lisa and Erin for throwing a shower for Brooke and I. We are both due with girls just a month apart. Don't be fooled by who looks larger though, Brooke is due in 3 weeks!! Congrats Brooke, you look great. Thanks everyone for coming. Hannah, Krystle, and Steph - we missed you... This is my cousin Lisa and I. We are due with girls within 2 days of each other - how fun. I think I win!
Erin, Brooke, Me, Lisa, Julie...so fun to see you all!
Erin, Brooke, Me, Lisa, Julie...so fun to see you all!
Tuesday, March 18, 2008
- I am married to Rhett Jerome Germer.
- We have been married almost 4 years - whoa!
- We are due with our first baby on May 10.
- I have not had an easy pregnancy - not because of complications, but I have been so sick...
- I am very grateful to be pregnant.
- We are naming our baby Lucy.
- We have 18 nieces and nephews.
- I love to eat out, I could do it for every meal.
- I used to like to cook, I am hoping I will enjoy it again someday.
- I love coffee ice cream.
- I don't know if I like coffee.
- Over the years I have been a nanny to over 14 children (not at the same time!).
- I graduated from the University of Utah in Human Development.
- I am now a legal assistant for my dad.
- I took Interior Design classes all through high school and my first year of college.
- I love to decorate, but am very indecisive.
- I never used to be indecisive, but I have a hard time making decisions about anything these days.
- I am 25 years old.
- I have been skydiving in Hawaii.
- I have been to Hawaii 8 times, but I have never been off of North America.
- I love to daydream about great vacations.
- I can lay out for days at a time. However, I now wear sunscreen and have a red headed husband who can't be out too long.
- I can't wait to see what color of hair Lucy will have.
- I have died my hair many colors including: almost black, purple - accident, bright red - accident, auburn, brown, dark blonde, platinum blonde - Rhett likes it when I am blonde.
- The first time I died my hair was in 8th grade, and it has been colored ever since!
- Rhett and I sleep in a king size bed. We have a very hard time sharing a queen size. We both love our space.
- I am a very light sleeper.
- I sleep with a fan on for white noise.
- Rhett loves the fan, but he will not admit it.
- I love to shop.
- I can always find a great deal.
- I always have stuff to take back. Things always look different when I get home.
- I bought 4 crib bedding sets before I found 'the one'.
- This habit drives Rhett in sane, but I am always consistent in taking things back.
- Rhett and I do not shop well together.
- I love to shop for gifts.
- I get my shopping habits from my mom.
- I am very street smart.
- I was a tom boy growing up.
- Growing up I was always better than the boys in sports.
- I won a coed push-up contest in 9th grade.
- I have not done a push up for a very long time.
- My favorites sport to play is volleyball.
- I play volleyball Tuesday nights with some girls in my ward.
- I have to serve underhand and I move very slow!
- Rhett works all holidays.
- It used to be really hard, but I am just used to it now.
- I had braces for 7 months in college.
- It was very embarrassing.
- I love my new perfume Daisy by Marc Jacobs.
- I have tried many different creams to help my belly from itching.
- The best one is the Coconut Butter Stick from Body Shop.
- I do all the bills, financing, and taxes.
- Rhett goes to Baltimore 3 1/2 weeks before the baby is due.
- This freaks me out.
- I am very proud of my hubby, he is a great salesman.
- I love my discount at RCWilley.
- I am a Pittsburgh Steelers fan thanks to my husband.
- I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters.
- I have 6 sister-in-laws and 7 brother-in-laws. .
- My youngest brother is on a mission in Southern California.
- The only soda I used to like was Dr. Pepper.
- I switched to Diet Coke all the sudden last year. I can not wait to drink it again!
- I currently eat around 4 bowls of cereal a day.
- If I could, I would have several strollers, one for every type of outing.
- I do not like to eat fish.
- I love veggies.
- My birthday is December 17.
- I used to hate my name.
- I hate knees.
- I won't let anyone touch my knees.
- I don't like to watch anyone touch their own knees.
- No, I will never get over this.
- I love to have my alone time.
- I love time with my husband.
- I am loving this warmer weather.
- I have never had long hair.
- I love to grow it out just passed my shoulders and then chop it.
- All of my family are scuba certified.
- When I am diving, I am always nervous of what is behind me.
- While trying to swim with the dolphins in the ocean I was rescued by life gaurds.
- They said me and my friends were shark bate. We were out way too far.
- I have a longboard.
- I used to think I was really cool when I would ride it.
- I love churros.
- I love anything fried with cinnamon on it.
- My favorite show is One Tree Hill.
- I know that is so trashy, but seriously. I love it. This season is better than ever!
- I used to get migraines that would last 2 days. I would get them on all major holidays due to excitement.
- I would have to lay in the dark and no one could touch me. I would just cry and cry and then throw up and throw up.
- They were really scary. I have not had one since 8th grade -whew!
- I have never broken a bone.
- I still have one baby tooth.
- My favorite color is green.
- I think windshield wipers are frustrating.
- I hate to know if a surprise is coming. I can't stand the anticipation.
- Rhett loves to tell me he has a surprise and then not tell me what the surprise is.
- He always ends up telling me because I get so frustrated.
- As long as it is a good surprise, I am then satisfied.
- I wear the pants in our family!!!
- I need to get back to work, thanks for reading!
Wednesday, March 12, 2008
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
This is a classic picture of Liam and Grace - they have the ultimate love/hate relationship. They are always begging to play together, but when they get together we are all on our toes! Don't think that this was all Liam, I am sure Grace started it! Last night we had Liam and Lance over and I said the prayer for dinner. After the prayer Liam said "thankful for Grace my cousin." My brother said he prays for her everyday!
While Grace, my niece, was examining my belly our conversation went something like this....
Grace: Where is your belly button Holly?
Holly: It is right here. (I pointed to my belly button - well, seriously I wouldn't call it a belly button anymore.)
Grace: No, Holly that is not a belly button. This is a belly button. (she lifted up her shirt and
showed me what a real belly button looked like.)
Holly: It is right here.
Grace: No, it is missing.
Holly: Well, I guess I don't have one.
Grace: Hmmm. (feeling very sorry for me)
More from Grace...Ever since she found out I was pregnant she has been obsessed with my baby. In the beginning she would put her hands on my belly and wait for the baby to 'kick'. She soon caught on to what the 'kicking' was all about, and now we all get to feel her baby 'kick'. She also gets worried for Lucy because she has no place to sleep and no swimming suit. Grace has told me that she will buy her a swimming suit for Lucy. Every time I see or talk to Grace on the phone she asks "Has your baby come out yet". Much to her dissapointment I tell her to look at my belly and tell me what she thinks. My sister Emily, her mommy, has told me numerous stories about how Grace will bring Lucy into all their conversations. She is too funny. When we have the baby, I have a feeling we will have a baby hog!
Happy Birthday to Melissa! We went for pizza and the whole family was able to make it. It is so fun that our family likes to be involved with one another. We can't do anything without the whole clan! We are all lucky to live close enough to see each other often. Happy Birthday Miss. Thanks for letting us all celebrate with you. Love you.Melissa and Grace
Liam and Lance
Liam and Lance
Sunday, March 9, 2008
How cute is this diaper cake?? Thanks Jamie...you are so creative!
Thanks to the sweet girls in my neighborhood I had my first shower yesterday. I was so excited I didn't sleep the whole night before - or is that because I am pregnant? The food was delicious, and the company was great. Everyone was so generous and I got lots of cute things for Lucy. I still have everything layed out on my floor so I can review all the adorable things! One day they will make it to the closet, but trust me, those closet doors are open quite a bit with me cherishing those little items!