A reflection of the past year....I have been meaning to post this for sometime!
- Moved into our new house.
- Got called into the nursery with 60 kids, yikes!
- Went on a 7 day cruise to the Mexican Riviera. Had a blast even though we met a couple that stalked us the entire time. Seriously, everywhere we went, they would find us. I guess we are just really cool.
- Our ward split - Holly was called to be ward chorister - Whaaat?
- Holly learned how to lead music, shower before church so she looks appropriate, and be on time to church - Rhett is so proud of her for always being on time.
- Stayed at the Wynn in Las Vegas! It was beautiful. Not on our bill of course, we went with the family Holly nannied for.
- Got new bedroom furniture and a new couch! Yay. I am still searching for the perfect bedding however.
- Holly started working for her dad.
- Holly went on a 3 week vacation with her family to Chicago, Nauvoo, and the Mid-West! Luckily she got brought a fan for white noise and got her own bed every night thanks to Dan for sleeping on the floor!
- Spent a few weekends in Park City.
- Announced we were having a baby! Holly becomes very sick.
- Put in a backyard - well, just grass so far.
- Brother Dan left on a mission - we sure miss him.
- Rhett is now a 'Million Dollar Seller' at RCWilley. We are so proud of him, he works really hard.
- We welcomed 2 nieces and a nephew this year.
What a great year. Hopefully 2008 will be just as fun.
Wednesday, January 23, 2008
Thursday, January 17, 2008
Well, I went with the first one, which turned out to be a huge mistake. When i got it, it was very ugly. I am sorry to those of you who have this bedding, but for the price I paid, I expected more. So I am sucking it up, paying even more money, and probably getting the one with the birds. It is even cuter in person. I will have a little bird theme going on - it may sound cheesy, but never underestimate me - it will be adorable! I have great things in mind. I know I am so outrageous when it comes to things like this, but I just want it all to be perfect. What is a few extra hours at work??
I will let you know when I change my mind again! My family has always said I am A.D.D. with my house - especially my bedding. There is something about new bedding that just makes me feel fresh and excited. Well, at least I got over my A.D.D with boys! Now we are just pulling for my brother to get over his A.D.D. with girls...
Wednesday, January 9, 2008
I have always been one to worry about the gender of the baby...not about having a boy or a girl...but to worry about if they told you the wrong gender. Well, last night I got a call from my cousin who is due with a boy just 2 days after me. They had another ultrasound that day and I asked "So is he still a boy", and to my surprise she said "Nope". Of course, I didn't believe her, but still I was in shock. She then went onto explain that it was really going to be a girl. Oh my goodness, can you imagine going the whole time thinking you were having a boy/girl and you end up with a boy/girl. Of course either one is great, but all that wasted time, energy, and money. Oh, the worries I go through, so I am going in again in a few weeks to fetal fotos, just to make sure!!! Needless to say, she is very happy with either kind of baby, and very happy to find out now rather than when the baby makes their first appearance on earth.