Friday, December 12, 2008

Thanksgiving

Holidays have been a lot of fun with a kiddo. It is so fun to introduce traditions to her that I have done all my life.

Rhett's family did Thanksgiving the Sunday before...thank you Rita and Russ for doing it early so we could all be there (although we missed those who don't live in town and the sickies). The night was full of yummy food, yummy people, and yummy games.

We did Thanksgiving day with my dad's side of the family. This always involves the church gym! It isn't Thanksgiving to me without the taste of stale church water! Again, we had yummy food.

After our early escape we headed to a Mama Mia, just the 3 of us. We had an hour to kill so we sat in the car and discussed what we were each thankful for. Neither of us could get past anything that didn't include Lucy...we are both so thankful for her in our home. When we asked Lucy what she was thankful for all she would say was "da da da da". Come on girl, ma ma ma ma.


The Friday after Thanksgiving my family has always ventured down to Manti (about 60 of us). We go to the temple, eat dinner, and basically take over a movie theater. Then in the morning we wake up early and go cut down a tree. I have a love/hate relationship with Christmas Tree Hunting. It is way too early, too cold, and it takes way too long! Other than that, I love it!

This year I took Lucy and we stayed for the day. It was fun, but it is never the same without Rhett. He has only been able to come once. Maybe next year there will be no Black Friday and he will come with us!

3 comments:

Mom of three ♥ said...

Glad you had a nice Thanksgiving and it sure is fun with kids this year!Lucy is a cutie!

amy germer said...

I don't think we have ever had thanksgiving together-what is up with that? And we have you this year and I keep reminding him but he has no clue. So what don't you want?
Miss you guys!

Tiff-E said...

Such fun traditions! You are brave to take the babe on a trip without Rhett...I would've stayed home!